Gridlock Magnetron Carabiner
Our innovative belay biner featuring Magnetron Technology, which uses magnets in the gate and a steel insert in the nose for unprecedented security and ease of use.
- NPR: ₨ 4,060.00
Combining maximum security and ease of use like never before, the Black Diamond Magnetron GridLock uses the power of magnets to reinvent the auto-locking carabiner. Magnetron Technology uses two magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the carabiner’s keylock nose to create an ultra-secure, self-clearing and redundant locking mechanism that can be easily used with either hand. Combine that with our innovative GridLock shape, which traps the belay loop to eliminate cross-loading, and the Magnetron GridLock is the ultimate belay carabiner.
- Hot-forged construction
- Innovative gate design uses two magnetic arms in the gate and a steel insert in the nose for super-secure, interference-free closure
- Keylock nose prevents snagging
- One-hand operable
- Unique shape isolates belay loop to eliminate cross-loading
- I-Beam spine transitions into a rounded, large rope-bearing surface
- Type H or HMS connector. For dynamic belaying using a Munter Hitch or belay device.
78 g (3 oz)
|Closed Gate Strength||
22 kN (4,946 lbf)
|Open Gate Strength||
8 kN (1,798 lbf)
|Minor Axis Strength||
7 kN (1,574 lbf)
21 mm (0.83 in)